Monday, September 04, 2006

RIP Crocodile Hunter 1962 - 2006

Well this is, by now, a 'Everyone else has posted it so I will too' post. But I did think of doing before I saw that everyone else had!!

Anyway, It is a day in History the man who every day looked 'Danger' in the eye, poked it with a stick, made it angry and skipped away from it, has died.
Given a snake as a 6 year old he became obsessed with Animal Welfare and breaking down the taboos of Natural History, he made it his mission to show the world that these 'evil' predators should be respected and revered not feared and hated. He would show you just how amazing some of the scariest and ugliest creatures actually are.
I can't believe is is 14 years since he bounded onto our screens wreatling Crocs and Snakes.

Ironically one of the most placid animals he dealt with was actually the one that killed him, but sad as it is he really went in style and in the true manner of his life.

My thoughts, and clearly the thoughts of many others, are with his wife and young children.

I can see that in a few months he'll be on GODtv poking the devil in the eye and wreastling him by the horns screaming 'Look how angry the little mite gets, if he really wanted to kill me - he can't!'

2 Comments:

At 7:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wreatling?

 
At 6:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think Steve Irwin was a fantastic guy, he had mor enthusiasm and passion for life in his little finger than most people.
The manner in which he lived his life should be a lesson to all of us - seize the moment and live your life to the fullest you can.
R.I.P to a man who bought pleasure and wonder to so many people all over the world. His death saddened me in a way no other famous persons death ever has, i loved his shows and had an enourmous respect for him. I had been hoping to visit austrailia zoo next year (cant afford to go to Aus now though) and perhaps catch a glimpse of the great man, now that can never happen i shall try to make a trip there all the same and pay my respects at his grave :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home